PRIVACY NOTICE HIGHLIGHTS
Last Modified: January 1, 2023
HarperCollins Canada Limited (“HarperCollins Canada,” “Company,” “we,” “us”) understands and respects that you care about your personal data and how it is used. We respect your privacy, as further described in our full Privacy Notice. These highlights set out some points about how we treat your personal data.
Please review the full HarperCollins Canada Privacy Notice to understand our privacy practices.
PRIVACY NOTICE SCOPE
HarperCollins Canada owns, operates, or provides access to websites and other services (collectively, the “Services”). The HarperCollins Canada Privacy Notice applies to those Services and describes how we treat your personal information when you use the Services. The HarperCollins Canada Privacy Notice describes in detail what information we collect about you, why we collect it, what we do with it and how to contact us about our privacy practices.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect personal information/data from a variety of sources, including:
- Information you provide directly to the Services;
- Information about you from third party sources, including public and commercially available sources and various business partners;
- Information about your device and browsing activities on the Services, including through cookies and other similar technologies.
USE OF INFORMATION
Our use of the personal information we collect will depend on the way you interact with the Services. For example, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide our products and Services;
- Information about you that our Company affiliates may also have;
- Improve your experience with our products and Services;
- Understand your interests and tell you about products and Services we think you will value;
- Communicate with you and respond to your requests or questions;
- And, as otherwise, as we may notify you at the point of collection or with your consent.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
As described further in our Privacy Notice, you have certain choices and rights related to the information we collect about you, including:
- You will have the opportunity to access, update and correct contact information that you choose to share with us, subject to applicable law.
- You can stop receiving commercial email messages from a Service using the opt out mechanism provided in each such email.
- You have choices about the collection and use of your information by third parties to display relevant advertisements, as described in our overview of Cookie Notice.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share your information in certain situations, including:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With our third party service providers;
- If the Company or the Services is merged with or is sold to another company;
- To comply with the law or to protect or defend the rights of the Company or our users.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect and secure your information, but no data transmission or storage, or use of the Internet, can be guaranteed to be 100%secure.
For more information about our privacy practices, please review the full Privacy Notice.
If you have questions, comments or concerns regarding our privacy practices or the Privacy Notice, or wish to update your information, please contact us at 1-844-327-5757.
You may also write to us using the postal address listed below:
Bay Adelaide Centre, East Tower,
22 Adelaide St. W., 41st Floor,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5H 4E3
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The Californian Shine the Light Law, the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CCPA) and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) provide certain rights to residents of California. For additional information for California residents, click here.
COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, VIRGINIA & UTAH PRIVACY RIGHTS
The Colorado Privacy Act (CPA), Connecticut Data Privacy Act (CDPA), Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA) and Utah Consumer Privacy Act (UCPA) provide certain rights to residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia and Utah, respectively. For additional information for Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia and Utah residents, click here.
The Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) provides certain rights to residents of Canada. For additional information for Canadian residents, click here.