HARPERCOLLINS CANADA CONTESTS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR RECEIVE PRIZES. PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRODUCT OFFER DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
APPLICATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES
These Official Rules apply to all contests offered by HarperCollins Canada Ltd. (“Sponsor”) that refer to these Official Rules (each a “Contest”, collectively “Contests”). The Entry Method(s), Maximum Entries Allowed, Entry Period, Selection Date, and Prize for each Contest are as specified on the website promoting that Contest (“Promotion Website”).
Contests are open to legal residents of the Canada, excluding Quebec who have reached the age of majority in their state/territory of residence or older at the time of entry (“Eligible Entrant”). Employees and immediate family members of: the Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and all agencies, entities and persons engaged in the marketing and/or administration of the Contests, the author, if any, as well as his/her immediate family, are not eligible.
To participate in the Contests, an Eligible Entrant must perform the Entry Method(s) during the Entry Period. No other methods of entry will be accepted, and each Eligible Entrant may not exceed the Maximum Entries Allowed (any entries in excess of the Maximum Entries Allowed will be disqualified). The computer of the Sponsor is the official time-keeping device for the Contests.
Entrants who do not meet the criteria for an Eligible Entrant will be disqualified. The Sponsor may further, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of Contests.
Where the Entry Method(s) includes “following” on social media, Eligible Entrants may unfollow at any time without affecting their odds of winning. Where the Entry Method(s) includes a purchase option, Eligible Entrants may alternatively, for the same amount of entries as the purchase option, enter by sending an email to HCContests@HARPERCOLLINS.com with the Contest name in the subject-line and two-hundred and fifty (250) words in the body of the email describing why the Eligible Entrant should win a prize.
By entering a Contest, all Eligible Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions the Sponsor, which are final and binding. A copy of these Official Rules is available online via the Promotion Website.
Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or social media account associated with the entry. Potential winners may be required to verify that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
The Sponsor will have no obligation to communicate with Eligible Entrants except with the Eligible Entrants selected for a Prize.
On or about the Selection Date, potential winner(s) will be selected by a random draw from among all Eligible Entrants. Odds of winning are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.
Any potential winners will be notified by email and must respond within five (5) days of notification. If a potential winner fails to respond within the stated timeline, or if a prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
Once a potential winner has responded with all required documentation in good order, they will be awarded the Prize.
Where a Prize requires delivery by mail, delivery requires a full street address (P.O. boxes are not accepted), which may be requested by the Sponsor. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. Mailed Prize will not be insured and the Sponsor will not assume any liability for any lost, damaged, or misdirected Prize.
Winner(s) will be responsible for all applicable taxes associated with their acceptance of the Prize and any other expense not explicitly included in the description of the Prize.
The Prize (and any and all portions thereof) must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event that a specific prize item is discontinued or otherwise unavailable, a prize item or cash of equal or greater value may be awarded to a winner in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event will the Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes.
CONDITIONS, RELEASE AND INDEMNITIES
A potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release that confirms the potential winner’s:
1. Eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules, and acceptance of the Prize as offered;
2. Release and indemnification of the Releasees as set out below; and
3. Consent to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, and biographical material for purposes of advertising and publicity relating to the Contest, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Eligible Entrants may further be required to answer a skill testing question.
Contests are void, in whole or part, where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
Releasees shall mean the Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates and/or subsidiaries, agents and promotion agencies and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents and administrators and author, if any.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Releasees:
1. Are not responsible for printing, clerical or typographical errors of any kind or nature relating to entries.
2. Shall not be liable for damages, injuries or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part from participation in a Contest, or from acceptance and/or use or misuse of the Prize.
3. Assume no liability for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, undeliverable or misdirected entries, notifications and/or responses, or for any computer, online, software, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry.
4. Are not responsible for damage to any Entrant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in connection with a Contest.
5. Assume no responsibility or liability in the event that a Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes outside the control of the Releasees which impair or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of a Contest.
6. Assume no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by an Entrant’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in Entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail.
Entrants further acknowledge and agree that by participating in a Contest they:
1. Release the Releasees from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, judgments, damages, penalties, and expenses of any kind (including legal fees) in any way arising from or in relation to the Entrant’s participation in the Contest or any Prize-related activity, the acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize, or any of Entrant’s representations or warranties.
2. Will indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, judgments, damages, penalties, and expenses of any kind (including legal fees) in any way arising from or in relation to the Entrant’s participation in the Contest, any Prize-related activity, or the acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize, or any of Entrant’s representations and warranties.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF CONTESTS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
PRIVACY AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to any governmental approval which may be required, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend Contests, in whole or in part, without prior notice. In the event that a Contest is terminated or suspended, the Sponsor will select winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action.
APPLICABLE LAW AND FORUM
Each Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this Contest and these Official Rules will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario, without regard to conflict of laws, and all claims arising out of or relating to the Contest and these Official Rules will be brought solely in the court located in Ontario.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and other Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
The Contests are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube in any manner. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding any Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube. By entering a Contest, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that he/she is providing his/her information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube. Twitter, Tweet and Twitter.com are the trademarks and service marks of Twitter, Inc. All rights reserved. YouTube, the YouTube logo, and Youtube.com are the trademarks and service marks of Google LLC. All rights reserved.
To receive the official name of the winners for a Contest, send a self-addressed stamped envelope within one (1) month after the end of the applicable Entry Period for the Contest to HarperCollins Canada Ltd., Bay Adelaide Centre, East Tower, 22 Adelaide St. W, 41st Floor, Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 4E3, quoting the Contest’s name.