Amazon.co.uk's Best of 2009 in Books (Editors' Top 10 Picks - Business, Finance & Law) - #1
Amazon.ca's Best of 2009 (Top 100 Customer Favourites) - #26
Hudson Booksellers Best Books of 2009 (Best Business Interest) - Selection
Hudson Booksellers Best Books of 2009 (Bookseller Favourites) - Selection
About the Book
SuperFreakonomics was an instant New York Times bestseller that caused a media uproar, continuing the amazing success begun with the groundbreaking, worldwide sensation Freakonomics. SuperFreakonomics challenges the way we think all over again, exploring the hidden side of everything with such questions as
- How is a street prostitute like a department-store Santa?
- Why are doctors so bad at washing their hands?
- How much good do car seats do?
- What’s the best way to catch a terrorist?
- What do hurricanes, heart attacks and highway deaths have in common?
- Are people hard-wired for altruism or selfishness?
- Can eating kangaroo save the planet?
Levitt and Dubner mix smart thinking and great storytelling like no one else, whether investigating a solution to global warming or explaining why the price of oral sex has fallen so drastically. By examining how people respond to incentives, they show the world for what it really isgood, bad, ugly and, in the final analysis, super-freaky. Freakonomics has been imitated many times over, but only now, with SuperFreakonomics, has it met its match.
Educator and Librarian Resources
- ISBN: 9781554686094
- ISBN 10: 1554686091
- Imprint: Harper Perennial
- On Sale: 05/24/2011
- Pages: 320
- List Price: 18.99 CAD
- BISAC1: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General