Amazon.co.uk's Best of 2009 in Books (Editors' Top 10 Picks Winner
Hudson Booksellers Best Books of 2009 (Best Business Interes Winner
Hudson Booksellers Best Books of 2009 (Bookseller Favourites Winner
About the Book
New York Times bestselling authors Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner return with more iconoclastic insight and observations in this long-awaited follow-up to their blockbuster Freakonomics.
In 2005, Freakonomics exploded in the culture, forever changing our understanding of how the world works, how we really make decisions—even how we name our children. This revolutionary book spent two years on the New York Times bestseller list, sold more than 3 million hardcover copies, single-handedly spawned a new genre of books, and led to a column in the New York Times Magazine and a blog on the New York Times website. Now, University of Chicago economist Steven D. Levitt and award-winning writer Stephen J. Dubner return with this all-new book that is bigger, more provocative, and sure to challenge the way we think all over again.
• Freakonomics was one of the bestselling books of all time, selling more than three million copies and dominating the New York Times list for two straight years.
• SuperFreakonomics is based on all-new, revolutionary research and original studies by Steven Levitt. This provocative material has never been seen before.
• The authors’ New York Times blog, www.freakonomics.com, is one of the Top 10 blogs in the world, according to TIME Magazine.
• Freakonomics was a New York Times Book Review Notable Book, a Globe and Mail bestseller, a Book Sense Book of the year, a Quill Award winner for the Best Business Book and a finalist for the Financial Times/Goldman Sachs Business Book of the year.
Educator and Librarian Resources
- ISBN: 9781554686087
- ISBN 10: 1554686083
- Imprint: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- On Sale: 10/19/2009
- Pages: 320
- List Price: 36.99 CAD
- BISAC1: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General