About the Book
I was "the bride who knew nothing" . . .
And now I love sharing the joy of kosher cooking with people like me: Busy parents who want to make real food for real families in a snap, and people who want to entertain without slaving in the kitchen, knowing their dishes will always elicit oohs and aahs. Our Sabbath and holiday meals are warm, fun, and flowing with food, family, and tons of guests. Do the math: two weekly Shabbos meals + 26 holiday banquets = 130 feasts per year, not to mention feeding my hungry family every other day of the week. That plus a full-time job should qualify me as some kind of expert in fast, fresh family dinners!
Here in Joy of Kosher I share more than 100 of my absolute best recipes and give each a creative twist: Dress It Up—add some bling for your party table—or Dress It Down and lure your picky eaters to meals they'll beg for again and again. That's more than 200 recipes!
A few of my faves:
- Crystal Clear Chicken Soup with Julienned Vegetables and Angel Hair (Dress It Down: Chicken Noodle Alphabet Soup)
- Garlic Honey Brisket (Dress It Down: Honey Brisket Pita Pockets)
- Miso-Glazed Salmon (Dress It Up: Avocado-Stuffed Miso-Glazed Salmon)
- Butternut Squash Mac 'n' Cheese (Dress It Down: Mac 'n' Cheese Muffin Cups)
- Gooey Chocolate Cherry Cake (Dress It Up: Red Wine Chocolate Cherry Heart Cake)
And talk about challah! I give you ten yummy variations, including Sun-Dried Tomato, Garlic, and Herb Braided Challah; Blueberry Apple Challah Rolls; Sea-Salted Soft Challah Pretzel Rolls; and Gooey Pecan Challah Sticky Buns. All that, plus gorgeous photos, wine pairings, time-savers, and my guide to sane, no-jitters holiday menus. I hope you love this book as much as I loved writing it for you!
Educator and Librarian Resources
[Jamie] shares a lot more than just stellar recipes. She shares of piece of herself. With each chapter, Ms. Geller opens another door to her life and home, drawing you in like you’re part of the family. (BusyinBrooklyn.com) —
- ISBN: 9780062207821
- ISBN 10: 0062207822
- Imprint: Cookbooks
- On Sale: 09/25/2013
- Pages: 288
- List Price: 35.00 CAD
- BISAC1: COOKING / Regional & Ethnic / Jewish & Kosher